I guess the best thing to do is just list some of the finer points:
- Dale had his official official official start date this week. Yay! A whole new world for him - benefits, paid holidays/vacation days / sick days. Man I miss corporate America sometimes. Being a "housewife" is far worse than being a contractor - no paid holidays / vacation days / sick days ( sick days..what are those !! )... come to think of it.. NO day is a paid day.... Yea.. I miss working.
- Ash has had a pretty rough couple of days. My heart is breaking for her because of the 5 cheerleaders that are seniors this year, she is the *only* one who wasn't picked to be captain or co-captain. I KNOW how much she loves cheerleading and devotes herself to it with 150%... it just doesn't seem fair. And then on top of that, they announced the Homecoming Court and the other 4 senior cheerleaders were voted for it, but she wasn't. I mean c'mon how fair is THAT ???? My high school was a LOT smaller and we had a girl from every club or affiliation not to mention all of the senior cheerleaders were part of the court as well. I don't think we voted on the actual court.. I think we voted for who became Queen. I just think the whole "popularity contest" aspect of it sucks. She's an honor roll student, works a part time job AND is a devoted cheerleader and does everything she can to represent her school with pride and honor. So SHE is the one who doesn't get entered in? Why because she doesn't have a fancy new car, or her parents aren't rich, or she doesn't have a fake tan and blonde hair? I mean.. cmon.. how friggin materialistic do you have to be? Yea.. this one is a touchy subject for me. Not to say that the other girls don't deserve to be in the court.. they do.. but they ALL do. I was going to fire off an email to the principal - not in a mean way, but in a "Hey wait a minute" kind of way. But she asked me not to. So I will respect that. I won't like it, but I can certainly respect it. The people in her school have NO idea how awesome she is or what she does for the school. Heck she's even taking it upon herself to start recycling the bottles that are left lying around in the stands and in the trash can to raise money for the squad and the school, and also collecting the Coke Rewards points to donate to the school. And THIS is a girl that isn't being allowed to represent her school by being part of the Homecoming Court ???? SERIOUSLY !!!!
And then to top off her week, she and I were supposed to have a Mother/daughter day. She was going to take a day off from school to come hang out with me since I've not seen her in forever because she usually works on the weekends when Ryan comes down. Well that plan got shot down ... a gazillion lame excuses why she couldn't do it - first it was about not putting miles on a car, then it was she'd missing cheerleading, then it was she didn't need to miss school, then it was because it was a school day. I don't get it. When the kids lived with me, I did nothing BUT encourage and try to encourage time spent with them. I kept him informed of parent/teacher meetings, school plays, open houses, picture days, you name it. If there was an opportunity for them to spend time together - so be it. But beause it's "me".. there's always some excuse or I am just left out completely. Karma is truly a mother... and I'm waiting for the day it rolls into town and sets up camp at their front door. I would NEVER deny my children the right or opportunity to spend time with family.. EVER. If the shoe had been on the other foot and it was HIM who hadn't seen her in months, it'd be a whole different story. That's okay.. you keep pissing her off. All you're doing is making yourself look like a total tool. I just don't understand the logic. I really really don't. - Not much going on from Ryan. But then again I don't have a direct contact with him. :( Looking forward to seeing him this weekend though. If I can get my eyes to open up early enough on Saturday, we may venture down to Atlanta to watch the parade!! Sweeet.. will report more on that later :)
- Chris is doing pretty good too. He's looking forward to AWA coming up in a few weeks. His social life is booming - which is a good thing but I also have to make sure it doesn't over power his academic life. Ahhh teenagers!
- As for me, I just keep plugging along. A few hot spots of things that are annoying me lately, but nothing I'm not used to or haven't dealt with before. It would be nice if the problems just weren't there, but considering its stuff other people are doing, there's not a lot I can do to control it. I just file it away for a rainy day and will deal with it later when the time is right.
It is soooo nice to walk out in the mornings and be greeted by wonderfully cool air. Fall is almost here.. yay !!!!
Well thats about it for now. Wish I had more to jammer on about. I guess my thought for the day is FALL.... what a wonderful season! Time for cool weather, no more mosquitos, Smores, photoventures in the park, and FOOTBALL !! Whooohooo !
No comments:
Post a Comment