I think I'm going to have to stop numbering these posts because its getting to a point that I can't even remember which one I'm supposed to be on! :) I do try to make a post every day though.. some days just work out like the others do !
Today was Labor Day weekend. I honestly don't know a whole lot about Labor Day other than its a paid holiday for most - at least the employed people - and its a day to sit around and do nothing. Well we did pretty much that. Well most of us anyway - Ash still had to work. On our way from taking Ryan home, we stopped off to see her. I had forgotten that it's been a long time since Chris has seen her. I was as shocked as she was to see that she and Chris are the same height.. OMG !! Took a photo with her fancy new phone so she could add it to her 365 calendar. Chris and his blue hair.. and freaky bug glasses!!
It was a gorgeous night last night. I think it got down to 66 degrees. We threw open the windows and cranked up the attic fan for the first time since we moved into the house. HEAVEN! I actually had to put on a sweatshirt because it got so cold. Slept like a baby too!
We didn't do much all weekend.
Friday Chris wanted to go to the Lassiter/Sprayberry game to hang out with his friends. I had to get Dale from work and then head up to get Ryan so there was no way for me to drive out to get his lady friend and get him to the game in time AND get Ryan. Ash also had a game that night - was her first home game - but I had a migraine coming on and I was already wiped out just thinking about the drive. So sadly I didn't go to her game. Didn't really have the money to spend to get us into the game either. I kind of hated it too. Really really bothered me. Ryan kind of wanted to go too, but was fine with coming home and getting online too. Because there was no way for me to get Chris to the game, he called his Dad and he came and got him and Austin, drove out to get lady friend, and then dropped them off at the school. The group at the game was supposed to be a bunch of friends and their lady friends, but he ended up being the only one with a lady friend. As teenage boys do they taunted him all night. Ryan and I got home about 9ish and waited for Chris to let me know when they had shuttled back from the game. Drove to the school and picked them up, dropped Austin off at home and then had to drive back to the house to get directions to her house. It was midnight by the time we dropped her off. I think all the kids had a good night .. in their own special ways. AS for me, I was ready for some Premysyn and some sleep!
We were up WAY too late on Friday so we didn't make it to the DragonCon parade downtown on Saturday. I was kind of looking forward to it, but wasn't looking forward to the crowd of people that would be there. And having to deal with parking and all that. AND walking around with two boys and my camera equipment - far too many things to keep up with! So Saturday was a slug fest of a day!
Sunday afternoon a friend of mine was having a birthday party for her 3 yr old at a park in West Cobb. Ryan stayed home and Chris and I drove out to the party and picked up his "wife" aka: new lady friend, Holly,from her house. ( The whole "wife" thing ties into his "family" that he has at school... its hard to explain! ) We went to the park and got lost.. of course! Would have been helpful to see the sign that said " Thomson Park" with an arrow pointing left... but we went right.. Right on Nickajack Road !!! Chris and I loved the name.. he even got a photo of it !!! So now we have Scufflegritt, Popcorn Drive, and Nickajack Road !!! Gotta love the DOT !
It was a beautiful day out. I took pictures (imagine that) during the party, while Chris and Holly hung out around the lake and the park. It was a great day just to be outside with friends, eating birthday cake and snapping photos of a truly adorable lil girl..
Just tooo adorable !
Then after the day of being sugared up with cake and photos, we headed home and we took Holly back home later that night.
And then we come to today..Saw Ash... took Ryan home... doing laundry now and gearing up for a new week. It was kind of nice to be on auto pilot for the weekend though. No real places to have to rush around to be. Gorgeous weather. If there is a state that is 80 degrees during the day and 60 degrees at night, considering me already packed and moved!!!!!
Off to bed.. tomorrow is another day!



No comments:
Post a Comment