Friday, September 24, 2010

Hello weekend!

Well the weekend finally made it. Although since I'm not working (outside of the house!) the days start to run together. So Friday being Friday isn't that much of a big deal. But the up side to that is Monday doesn't seem like Monday either :) So there is the silver lining.

Chris has been out of school all week. Some kind of school break for some bizarre reason. So my day job has gone from HouseMom Extrodinaire to "Mom: Super Taxi Drive"  Since his new "lady friend" lives over near Austell and Mabelton, the only way he can see her is if I go and pick her up so they can hang out. So that has happened twice this week. Sometimes I think I'm way too much of a push over. I remember my first crush and the first boy I actually liked.. Mike Hodge. Wow... that was a train wreck of a... well.. relationship I guess. I only saw him, if I was lucky, on the weekends that I saw my Dad because he was the son of one of my stepmom's friends. Boy did I have a huge crush on him.

So yea.. the week's been kind of crazy. There was a bit of a dark cloud over some of my days. Nothing major or damaging. I think sometimes life just gets overwhelming with all that I juggle and try to juggle and try to do and sometimes my system just says "shutting down now". :)  I treated myself to a mint chocolate chip sugar cone from Brusters the other day which was a nice mid afternoon treat.. just me, the van and the radio. I am trying to be very aware of not blanketing my feelings in a bunch of calories. But sometimes comfort food is just a good thing. Another comfort food that helps me, is butter toast. I don't know why. I just like it :)

Then I started to think about all the things that I like that make me smile:

-Tigger sneezing - a cat sneezing is funny, I don't care who you are!
- my fuzzy blanket that Chris got me
- my get better bear
- lines in the carpet after I vacuum
- driving down the road, the radio on, windows open, wind blowing thru my hand and my hair... just being free
- getting a good bargain or finding something on sale
- a good hair day
- a text from my Ashley
- when someone likes a photo I've taken
- leather scented candles
- anything Pooh bear
- anything Boston Red Sox
- hot cocoa
- a movie that makes me cry
- fuzzy socks
- hearing my kids laugh
- seeing my kids smile
- angel rays at sunset
- the smell of CitraSolv
- scrambled eggs and cheese
- hearing " thanks for doing a great job"
- making someone smile
- doing something nice for someone and they don't know it - i.e. I had to go thru the toll booth last week and I paid for the person behind me... hopefully it made their day! :)
- boston creme donuts from Dunkin Donuts
-Snoopy

anyway.. I think I'm going to go play Bewjeweled !! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment