Saturday, September 4, 2010

Entry 13/365 - Drivin Ms Crazy

Today was one of those days where I wish I could have been a TRUE Gemini and had a clone/twin of me to help with all the running around I did. At the end of the day it all worked out, but when I was in the midst of it, and pulling my hair out, I honestly thought I was going to lose my mind.

Ash had their first home game tonight. Chris wanted to hang with *his* friends at the Lassiter/Sprayberry game. And of course I was asked if I could pick up a friend of his, who originally *had* a ride to the game, but her friends bailed on her. Did I mention that she lives 35 mins away from where we are and attends the high school by choice because her area is a lil "rough" ? On top of that, I had to drive to N Ga to get Ryan for the weekend too. Not to mention the hours of driving I did this afternoon trying to get the rent paid, and mailed from the post office and the drama of debit card limits that really aren't "limits" at all... grrrrr..

Add a big ole heaping pile of PMS to this glorious mix..and there you have my day. :(   God love my kids and Dale for tolerating me though. For consoling me, feeding me chocolate and knowing when to either duck, or just smile, and nod and say "yes Mommy".... LOL... Either they value their lives or I've trained them all very very well. Probably a lot of both actually !

So I missed Ash's game because after all the driving I was doing, the idea of sitting at the game was just draining. Not to mention the migraine that was starting to rear its ugly head just ever so slightly. I really wanted to go.  I felt really really bad about it. It's her first home game. And her last year at high school. I know I made the first game of the season, and there will be other games AND competition stuff.. but this was the first home game. I kind of felt like I let her down. You only get one first home game your senior year.. so I was batting a thousand for the "Mother of the Year" award today.

It will be so weird next year not driving up there every other weekend. I've been making that drive for so long now that I don't even realize I'm almost there. It's become this "blind drive" of sorts. But man I'm going to miss it. We've had some great times on the road - jammin out to music ("Yo baby wassup"), flagging down the UPS truck, going past that "dam" place, the long conversations, even some stressful moments like most kids/parents have. But that drive is the one time that I have them all to myself for that hour. I remember when we bought the van how excited Chris was that it had a VCR in it. I wanted the other red van that "didn't " have it.. purposely. I used to see those SUV's driving down the road, and the parents in the front seat, and the kids glued to the "TV's".. and no one interacted. Heck my kids used to play the game of "guess the TV show" as we would drive past the other cards. Sure it was a great novelty item - and even came in handy when they wanted to play their Playstation on the road.. which at least with that they were interacting with one another. But I always felt sorry for the kids that were watching TV rather than talking or singing along to the radio with their parents. What golden moments they missed out on. But not me ! I savored every moment of I could.. and still do ! I absolutely love it. We've laughed, we've cried, we've yelled, we've said nothing at all in that van.. and not to mention in our old truck. Man.. that was a great truck ! I hope the kids never forget the push pins in the ceiling of the van..and how it became a game to try to push them all back in... or name the shape! Our own lil sky line ! Ashley learned how to drive in that van... man that was kind of scary. Chris had his " Man I feel like a woman" moment in that van.. and who could ever forget "He's lookin at you.. " .. "No he's not.. he's lookin at you.. ".... "No.. he's lookin at ME"... god that was great !!!  My lil babies have grown up so fast. How weird it will be to not have that time anymore.

Here are two videos I found that we made one day... ( Mom.. try not to panic. !! ) Yes.. I am one of THOSE women... I do put my makeup on while I'm driving..





And this was a super creative Chris and I did on a trip back from one of our Goose Creek trips. LOL



Here are some old photos I found.. I thought I had some of the truck.. but at least the first photo shows a little bit of it :)




No comments:

Post a Comment