Monday, January 10, 2011

SNOWPOCALYPSE 2011

There was rumor that a horrible storm was heading our way. Like most weather alerts and weatherman talk, I sluffed it off and figured it was all hype. Wellll... Mother Nature proved me wrong, and all of them right. I got Ryan home earlier this evening. And headed home to take Holly home - at on our way to her house, I got the Tweet from Cobb County School saying school was closed. So we turned around and brought her back home. There wasn't a speck of falling water or snow in the sky... so I figured if anything it was a huge joke and we would just wait and see. We stopped at Kroger and stocked up on chocolate and yummy snack stuff - no milk though because it was all gone. But I did snag a gallon of Mayfield at the gas station we stopped at before getting home.

Then the posts on Facebook started hitting. Friends posting images saying they were getting inches of snow. I looked outside - nothing. No more had I been sitting down for 5 minutes, and I looked out again, and BHAM.. there it was... SNOW ! And not a light dusting snow - big ole fat wet flakes of snow..and it was coming down in sheets. Unbelievable !! Now I wish I HAD stocked up at the store a bit more. But we're good with what we have. They were out of fire wood but we have two of the 6 firestarter logs that I got the other night. So we should be fine.

Then the snow kept coming and coming. Chris' friend Austin came over and when the snow got really thick, they all geared up with hats, gloves, mittens and layers of clothes and headed out into the wintery mix. It made me smile to see them laying in the road and making snow angels, and sliding down the hill up the street and just having a ton of fun ( the only problem was it was 11 o'clock and they were being REALLY loud !! LOL and it was echoing thru the neighborhood ).. Here is my montage of photos from the storm so far. Even now it's STILL coming down. Right now there are probably 5" of snow on the back deck.. HOKEY SMOKES !!!

okay Mother Nature. you were right. I was wrong !


















2 comments:

  1. Hot chocolate! Yum!

    -Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a pretty good snow and Ice event for this area. Wow! Nice pics to...I myself was missing my runner sled...and scoring one of Mom's candles to make it faster! The wipeouts were the best!

    ReplyDelete