Sunday, January 2, 2011

A new year... a new 365

The first day of this new year didn't start off in a way I had hoped. I woke up cranky and in a bit of pain. And the flexoril is making me very woozy and I did NOT like feeling that out of it from not really having taken anything. The last one I took was last night, so it shouldn't feel that way the next day. I just really didn't like feeling that out of it and out of control. Not that I consider myself a control freak or anything, but feeling "out of it" wasn't sitting well with me. I think I layed in bed most of the morning. At least til mid afternoon. Our friends Domi and Reece were having their annual New Years day get together, and I was really debating on whether or not I wanted to go.

As if it wasn't enough that I've been fighting a sinus infection for the past week, going on two, and now this pinched nerve in my neck, now Dale is starting to fall apart too. I keep joking with him that he is trying to one up me... or has had enough of taking care of me and wants me to take care of HIM for a while.. LOL  Yesterday I was upstairs laying down, a little loopy from my pills, and Dale was downstairs watching TV. He had fallen asleep in his recliner. For some reason, he got up, but when he did he didn't know his foot and leg were asleep. So he stood up on it, and it went out from under him and he twisted his foot in some kind of weird way. All I heard was something that sounded like a crash and a whole bunch of cursing. I immediately jumped out of bed9 which wasn't good OR easy for me ) somehow got my foot wrapped up in the blanket and it twisted my leg backwards a bit, and i came rushing down to see what was wrong. He swears he broke one of the bones on the top of his foot - but we aren't completely sure. He was in a good deal of pain for most of the day but woudln't put ice on it or take anything for the pain. Men !  So earlier today he fell asleep in his recliner again and somehow tweaked his lower back. As comfortable as that recliner is, it is NOT the best chair to try to sleep in - especially sleeping sideways. I swear between the two of us, this is NOT starting out to be our year. Life keeps reminding us that we aren't as young as we used to be.

Finally I decided I'd better get up so we could head to their house. I knew she'd be disappointed if we weren't there. I really wish the kids were with me so we could all go over together. But that just wasn't in the cards this year. She usually opens up her house at 1.. and it was already going on 7 o'clock. I'm ALWAYS late, so it wouldn't surprise her at all if we got there that late. When we got there, she and Reece were standing at the door almost waiting on us. But they were talking back and forth to each other so I wasn't sure if they saw us or not. When I got up to the steps of the house, she and Reece doused me and Dale with silly string.. IT WAS AWESOME !!! She had read on my facebook page where I missed having a silly string war with the kids on new years eve like we do as our tradition of bringing in the new year. And she later told me that when she read that, that she too is about tradition and how important they are, and knew exactly how I was feeling and it broke her heart to read that status and wanted to something to help cheer me up. I absolutely adore this woman, and this is just another reason why. How thoughtful she is and how much of herself she gives to the people in her life that she loves. I've known Domi since 1997 and I am soooo grateful for her. And Reece is just as amazing. He is my "Sensai" when it comes to photography. He is always so helpful ( and lets me borrow his lights when I need them LOL ) Together they are two of the best people I know. They really ARE family to me !!!

The evening was really nice. Most everyone had been there during the day. But one of their friends was still there and JP and Julie had both stayed long enough to see the silly string moment :) They told me that they had stayed just for us... I thought that was really super sweet of them. They've been friends with Reece and Domi for a long time too. And I've always seen them at the NYD gatherings, but have only recently gotten to know them. they are an amazing couple and so much fun. I'm glad I've gotten to know them a bit more. They eventually left and then Reece's mom and stepdad showed up. I really wish Ashley had been there .. she would have loved listening to his Mom's British accent.  She was such a sweet lady.

It was a GREAT day for our new year. Depsite Dale and I falling apart and not being much use to the other... the day turned out pretty amazing.

Ashley is coming up in the morning so Dale can work on her car so we can hopefully get it to pass emissions so she can FINALLY get her tag. It's been a nightmare trying to get it all done so she can get her tags. And because she has to drive down when she isn't working or at school or has the gas money to come down, its pretty frustrating to her. And now Dale has hurt his lower back and her time is running out. It failed emissions the first time around, so she was given another 30 days..but that ends soon. And I know she's getting anxious to get her tags and be 'street legal'. I'm really hoping Dale is feeling better in the morning and will be able to get her car fixed. I know she's really freaking out about it and wants to get it done. I wish I had the money to just take it to a shop and let someone else do it, but we're trying to save money by Dale doing it himself. I just hope he feels up to and can.

I'm really hoping to keep up with my 365 journal a bit more. The rest of this year is going to fly by, I'm afraid. Ryan and Ash will be graduating in June... and it will be here before I know it. So here's to keeping up with my journal on a daily basis ! Yay !!

No comments:

Post a Comment