Saturday, January 1, 2011

1-11-11 is here

Yep... hard to believe that another year has come and gone.. but Dick Clark was on the tele and that magical shiny ball dropped in Times Square.. so it MUST be so.

Where did the year go? It just flew by. Will this next year fly by as quickly?

I brought in the new year sitting in the floor on Chris' laptop, refreshing my Facebook page to watch everyone bringing in their new year, watching Dick Clark on TV, and listening to the sounds coming from Dale's cell phone as he engaged in some noisy game he's been playing most of the night. There was no fun music. No great feast. No silly string war in the living room or the front yard. And no fireworks in the driveway. Just feels completely "off" and wrong not having the here. Chris is still on his cruise, and Ryan and Ashley are at home. I sent them all a message though letting them know how grateful I was to have them in my life. So even though we weren't all together, in a way I hoped my message would bring us together in spirit :)

Tomorrow we head to my friend Domi's house for our annual New Years Day get together. She opens up her house for friends and family to stop by. We have black eyed peas and collared greens to start off the new year with good luck and prosperity. That will also feel weird not going with the kids. But just like tonight, they will be there in spirit.

This wasn't exactly how I had hoped to bring in the new year. A pinched nerve in my neck has left me feeling hopeless and useless around the house. I'm just now starting to get over the annoying sinus infection I've had. I just want to feel "normal" again. Most people would embrace not having to do work around the house and just be forced to lay in bed and rest... but I just can't do it. Stuff around the house just piles up. There is no stand in when i'm sick. There is no assistant to pick up the slack. Just me. If I am not running the house, it doesn't run. Dale's been pretty good about babying me when I'm sick. But I really need someone to worry more about the house and the pets than me. I can take care of myself, its the rest of the stuff I need help with.

well.. I hope to start working on making this year a great one. new resolutions and goals. getting more focused and serious about my photography. Maybe even going to school .. continuing to look for work either full time or part time. Just something to help out financially and allow me to pay for the things I need to pay for.

I'm kind of tired from the muscle relaxer I took ( whohooo ) so I will close by saying I am thankful for so many things and for so many people in my life. No matter how big or how small a part they play in my life, they are all very important to me and making me who I am ... so thank you for that...

Here's to a new year as i look back fondly on 2010 and all the things that happened. Happy New Year everyone....

No comments:

Post a Comment