I am sitting here in the recliner in the living room watching the flames of the fire in the fireplace. CR is tucked away in his room blowing up Zombies and Dale has headed to bed. So its just me, the computer, the dog, my phone and the fire... LOL
I don't know what it is about fires but sitting and watching it blaze away in the fireplace always reminds me of when I was a kid. I remember the fireplace in the very first house I ever remember probably more distinctly than any other room in the house. The house was in Amherst NH on Eastern Ave. To me the house was enormous, but then again I was very little when we lived there. If I went back to it today I don't know if it would feel or look so big. But anytime I have ever made a fire in my own fireplaces, it magically takes me back to that room, that house, that fireplace and when I was a kid. Maybe not only because of the warmth, but because of the warmth of the memories that surround it. I remember listening to the 8 track tapes that we had, in that room. Hansel and Gretel and the Christmas musical song with the creepy horse at the end ( Just hear those sleigh bells ringing.. etc )...
So I think some of the most peaceful moments I have the past few days were when I was able to just sit and kick back and watch and listen to the flames of the fire in the fireplace... it warms my soul in more ways than I can even begin to express.
No comments:
Post a Comment