Other than that, our day was pretty uneventful. Football games and heating pads... whooohoo !
A friend of mine posted this link on her FB page, and I really wanted to repost it here as a reminder to myself. Because I am always thinking and planning and going from thought to thought, its very easy for me to get overwhelmed and intimidated. And when I get like that, I lock up and shut down. And if this is going to my year to shine with my photography, there is NO time for me to shut down.
This article ( http://tinybuddha.com/blog/5-lessons-about-being-present-freedom-is-where-my-feet-are/ ) is about not worrying about the past or the future, but focusing on the here and now by looking where my feet are and only focusing on that moment. It seems like such a simple concept.. but sometimes for me it, it isn't that easy. Its really tough for me to even slow down for 5 minutes. I might even consider meditation or starting up Tai Chi. I tried a class once at a local dojo and I really liked it. It wasn't easy for me to calm my brain but when I was finally able to, it was amazing. Soooo. I might have to put that on my own "hunny do list" :)
Thats about it for today. Dale goes back into the office tomorrow- unless we end up going to the Dr for HIM this time and HIS back. And Chris should be home from his cruise tomorrow.. just not sure when. And then all the kids go back to school on Tuesday. I know they are LOVIN that idea !
So far the new year is starting off awkward and different... with lots of obstacles for far. But what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.. right ? Now WHERE are my feet again ! LOL

No comments:
Post a Comment