Chris his home from his Christmas Cruise to Mexico and surprisingly he had a really good time. He wore his steampunk like goggles on the boat the first day, and it was obviously a hit with the other kids on the boat because Wayne said by day two, kids kept walking pass them saying " hey Chris".. "Hey Chris".. "CHRIS!".. and "Hey Googles"... ( his nickname from wearing the goggles.. and yes it was pronounced GOOGLES ) Wayne said you would have thought he was a rock star. He actually made one really good friend, a boy name Chris also, and they exchanged contact info so they could keep in touch after the boat. He spent some of the trip hanging with Wayne but mostly with the kids he met. He lived it up large like a rock start too. Going into port with just his friends, and walking around with his all inclusive cruise ship card and flashing it like a police badge anytime he wanted a snack or something to drink. He had a really really great time. His favorite memories were:
He didn't swim once on the boat or in the ocean. But I heard there is a remake of a photo taken of he and Wayne when he was younger. they went to the beach once when Chris was just a little tike. The photo is of Wayne and he walking thru the water with their backs to the camera. The photo was recreated, unbeknown to Chris, and his grandmother took the shot. So now they have a shot of them together in the Atlantic Ocean AND the Pacific Ocean. I'm really glad he had such a great time. I'm sure he has a ton of memories he hasn't even begun to share with me that will hopefully last him a lifetime.
- One day the wind was sooo bad on the boat that they had some sections blocked off. One being the very front of the boat. But Chris said he stood just outside of the line that was blocking it off, and the wind was sooo strong that he was literally leaning all the way into the wind and it was holding him up. And then he jumped back a bit and the wind carried him a few feet back ( I'm just glad it didn't blow him overboard! )
- Another favorite memory was when they had a carry over in San Diego and went on an aircraft carrier that was next to the cruise ship. He thought that was REALLY awesome
Ashley left out of school early today for us to try once again to get her car tag. We got the car in November, and have yet to be able to get the car to pass emissions and get her tags. She's been pulled over once for not having her tags, and its really starting to freak her out. Dale worked on the car over the weekend and replaced the O2 sensor and a spark plug, but the check engine light was STILL on. We knew we had to replace the thermostat, but didn't figure it would affect the emissions test - wrong answer. That code and another code popped up. So we went to the tag office to ask if there was a way around it. See the wonderful city of Atlanta started this stupid "Clean Air Campaign" where you have to have emissions testing each year on your car to make sure its not putting nasty stuff into the air. Well guess what - Atlanta is the only city that does it. If you live in Aville - you don't have to have it done. If you live in Macon ( where the car was registered before ) you don't have to have them done there either. UGH !!! Sooo if the car were in just Ashley's name, she wouldn't have to worry with emissions. SERIOUSLY !! But at this point, because both are names are on the title, it would mean a few things. First we'd have to get in touch with the people we bought it from and have them send a letter saying putting my name on there was a mistake. Well that would be great if they were local, but they are now in Germany. Plus it would also mean having to have a new title transfer done ( another $28 ) AND the insurance would have to be in just her name which would cost her more money. Looking back on it now, I almost wish I HAD let her Dad put her on his insurance and then the car would have been in her and his name - but at least she could have her tags. So it seemed like a big ole hassle trying to get it all done. Of course I don't have the money to take it to a shop and say "Here.. just fix it and make it emission ready"... and Dale is doing what he can to get it there. She is going to ask her step sisters father if he can work on it ( he used to be a mechanic ) or if someone at her stepmom's work can look at it ( she works at a car dealership ). Surely ONE of them could do it.. right ? Its just terribly terribly frustrating.. I dont want to feel like I made the wrong decision, but the way its looking now, I'm second guessing myself.
But there were a few good things that came of our day together:
- We got the title transfer taken care of,... which I didn't know had to be done 7 days after the actual sale of the car. I am pretty sure when I called the tag office before we bought the car, that was never mentioned ! So that was one more street legal thing we got done. :)
- We almost got in trouble for laughing so hard while we were waiting our turn. Darn that 334 number.. I think we should have either claimed dyslexia or we should have switched our number with the girl who ran out to her car.. she never would have figured it out !! LMAO
- We stopped at Costco and had a yummy slice of pizza, a drink ( NOT purple drink though ! LOL ) and chocolate frozen yogurt for only $6 !! WHAT A BARGAIN !! And the best lunch ever !!!!
So all in all not a bad day. Holly came over after school and hung out with Chris. They are so adorable its gross !! LOL And they missed each other really bad during the holiday. Plus she told me on the way taking her home that she had a really rough Xmas. A close family member passed away on Christmas and she hated watching NYE specials and seeing everyone kiss at midnight and couldnt' be with Chris ( told you - so sweet its gross !! LOL ) So we have a little surprise in store for her to help make up for it.. bwahahahah
Dale got word today that they need him to drive to Tallahassee Florida to fix an HVAC unit that isn't working properly .. they can't get it to read or communicate correctly with their equipment. So he brought home a company vehicle and is driving to Florida first thing in the morning. He was given expense money too to handle his hotel and food and gas money. I know it makes him feel so important and I'm really proud of him for working so hard at this job and really stepping up and showing them what he can do. The company seems really proud of him and his work and I know that makes him feel really good. So he's all packed and ready to go in the morning. Its weird when he's not here. I certainly don't sleep well without him here, but it should only be for one night. So I'll just take over his recliner and Tenn Vols snuggie while he's gone ... that should help!! LOL
Well that's about it. I applied for two jobs today. One is an AP Coordinator job in Kennesaw and the other is for an AR Rep in Marietta that is part time. Either gig would work for me. I know Dale likes having me at home, but I really need to be working to keep my mind sharp. Either that or I need to go back to school. I asked Dave to help look into funding options for me. I think I'll follow up on that tomorrow. NO idea what I'd go to school for = accounting, counselor, forensic accounting or photography. All of the above please !! I just know I have to do something. And right now, not having better photography equipment, and no real business sense, I cant' survive on photography alone right now. Plus I really miss having a steady paycheck and money coming in, and a sense of importance and that pat on the back at the end of the day.
Okay.. going to wrap this up for now. Thanks for following along. Peace out
No comments:
Post a Comment