Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Entry 2/365

Well its day two of my 365. And it really hasn't been a very adventurous day. Dale went to work. I tried catching up on sleep lost from last night - which I didn't completely find. Ironically enough on Good Morning America this morning, they were talking about how people can't really "catch up" on lost sleep. Like a friend said to me tonight, once it's gone, its gone. And basically what I've done to my body is put myself into my own sense of jet lag. My sleep schedule is all out of wack. Perhaps I'll go veg in front of the TV and watch a movie.

I "definately" need to get back to my making of To Do lists. Not sure if it's because I just turned 40 or if it's because I'm not getting sleep, but I keep forgetting things. It's sooo bad that I actually just stopped to make my list for tomorrow just so I wouldn't forget anything :) I know.. silly, right?

Got a message from my stepmom, Betty. Seems its her turn for some hospital time. Nothing severe - outpatient knee surgery for some torn stuff. Doesn't sound like fun to me. Already went thru it on the Florence Nightengale side when Dale had his done. The up side to it, I guess, is at least the pain meds are good :)

No real news from Ryan and Ash today. Since Ryan doens't have a phone I have no direct communication with him. Ash has her new fancy schmancy iPhone, so she and I will text each other from time to time. I have been thinking about trying to get Ryan a MetroPCS phone now that they actually have service in their lil two horse town :) Just doesn't seem fair that he's the only one in the house that doesn't have one. How can he learn to be responsible if he isn't given the chance.. right?

Chris had a pretty typical day - school most of the day. Then he went to hang out with his "family" after school to Target and the high school parking lot. For a freshman, he sure has a heck of a social calendar. Far more than *I* ever did when *I* was a freshman. I think its awesome that he has made friends so quickly, and with upper classmen at that. But the josteling of schedules and constant "changes" really gets old. Trying to be patient as we both get thru this new growing spurt, but it's not always easy. He's a good kid and he's having a great time. But I already warned him that I am NOT a bear to be reckoned with ! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr




There really isn't anything to write about. Need to call Mom. (adding to To Do list) - Need to read more about lights and photography and get out and shoot more - need to get my sleep "right" again -

Life is good.. pizza is great.. Chocolate is heaven ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment