Welcome to the crazy life of the HOCS family. The HOCS family is a name I came up with for my own crew. After going thru one divorce, and one seperation, I always hated that I could never order stuff from a catalog that had "The Hildreth Family" or "The Hildreth's House".. so I came up with HOCS - Hildreth / Odom / Coghill / Smith ! Pretty much covers ALL the bases !!! So welcome to my family page! :)
Saturday, February 5, 2011
Life is short
Tonight Ashley got a call from a dear friend of hers to let her know that one of her other best friends and fellow cheerleaders brother had been killed tonight. Seems there is some info about the brother and a friend of his both hanging out and there is mention of a guy that accidentally misfired and shot the brother in the head. This is the older brother of Ashley's friend - a brother that the friend was very close to. I cannot even BEGIN to imagine what the family is going through. The shock. The pain. The anger. The disbelief. I just can't even fathom it. I don't know them well enough to send my condolences, but I am definitely going to say a prayer for everyone involved. how horrible the friend must feel and the guilt he must have. Please dear God watch over that boy... protect his heart and soul and body and keep him from hurting himself out of grief and guilt and pain. What a horrible experience for everyone to have to go through. I am just floored at all that happened. How short life really is and can be. How precious life is. How things that seem so innocent can take such a horrible turn for the worst. God please keep these families safe. Wrap your arms around them, console them, comfort them, show them your love and bring them peace with this event and with themselves. Watch over my children and my family as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment