I'm sitting here in the living room, all bundled up in my comfy blanket, big heavy green sweatshirt and comfy sweat pants, comfy white socks watching The Santa Claus, and watching the snow falling down outside. That's right folks.. SNOW.. snow in Georgia AND on Christmas Day!! Exciting right??? Any other day I would be thrilled...but not this year. The kids aren't here to enjoy it with me. Dale's in SC visiting with his family. And I would much rather be in SC visiting with Mom and Dave for Dave's birthday. Chris headed out for California today to ship out on his 8 day Mexico cruise tomorrow with his dad and stepmom and step grandmother. Ryan and Ashley headed out this morning for home - trying to get ahead of the nasty weather that is coming in and Ash wanted to spend some time with Drew before he had to go to work later.
My original plan for the day was going to be head to SC to visit with Mom and Dave en route to Goose Creek to spend with Dale's family. And a friend of ours was going to stop in later tonight and tomorrow to let Morgan out and take care of her for a bit. But this morning, Ryan Ash and I woke up to SNOW ! It's about 32-33 degrees outside, the roads are slushy, and the temp is going to start dropping soon. Even if I headed out for SC, I would be driving away from the bad weather - but our friend might not be able to make it in to take care of Morgan. And she can't be left in her crate for two days. and that just isn't good. So rather than taking the chance of getting stuck in the ice/snow, or something happening to the van breaking down - i'm staying put at home. Just me and the critters. Its actually quite weird. I AM tired though. And this cold has been kickin my butt. So maybe a day of rest would be good.
It's been a pretty amazing Xmas. My children continue to impress me with their generosity and kindness. I would love to write more, but i'm exhausted and falling asleep as I type this.
Just want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas.. hopefullyl I will write more later
No comments:
Post a Comment