Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy 2010

Well I managed to bring in the new year with my fabulous family, amazing friends, new hopes and a sinus infection! Whooohooo ! Oh yea, I'm also unemployed. Kind of a tilted scale for the new year, but I'm still hopeful. Not being on the 9-5 wagon is actually giving me a bit of time to focus on some photography stuff, and to get over this cold. I couldn't imagine having to work with this miserable crud I have. Its just odd not having a job. Not having the security of a paycheck. Not having the pat on the back at the end of the day.

I've also come to the conclusion I am NOT a stay at home type of person. Makes me crazy to never have a task completed. And the endless dog walking of the new pup... Note to self: large dogs need fenced in back yards :)

The holidays went well. Money was tight, but with the help of some friends, I managed to pull a few rabbits out of my hat. The 'rents came down for a visit with the grandbabies. And we took our new traditional trip to the mall and topping the day off with a feast at IHOP. The kids spent their Xmas money on plenty of goodies they wanted for themselves. Chris even treated himself to a cookie cake ( because the bad mommy that I am, he didn't get one on his birthday last year - but hey... neither did *I*!! ) But it was a great day.

New years eve was fireworks (thanks to Chris) and silly string. New Years Day was spent at Domi's house - another annual tradition. And just last week, Georgia had its first winter snow.

All in all the new year looks promising. I hope to be able to keep up with blogging more, and shooting more too.

Happy New Year !!!



No comments:

Post a Comment